We’re sorry if you’ve suffered an accident or have a claim on your insurance policy. That’s why you have insurance, to protect you when something bad happens. We’ll guide you on every step along the way.
What do I do at the scene of an accident?
Having an accident whether it is your fault or not can be stressful! Here is a list of things to do to at the scene:
- Call emergency services, police and ambulance if their services are required.
- If you can safely drive your vehicle move to the side of the road or somewhere safe nearby.
- Never admit the accident is your fault at the scene of the accident. Things are sometimes complicated and need to be sorted out by the police and the insurance companies involved.
- If you have a smart phone take photos of the scene, the other parties license plate.
- Get the name, address, phone number and insurance company, policy number of the other drivers involved. If the police are attending this will be in the police report.
Should you file this claim?
If there’s a slight chance that someone may have suffered an injury as a result of the accident, then you must file the claim. Otherwise, if you choose not to file it, you jeopardize your insurance coverage in the event of a lawsuit.
There are, however, situations where it makes sense to not file a claim. Keeping your insurance record clean will probably keep your rates down. Call us and we will advise you on how your policy will protect you and how the incident will affect your insurance policy.
If this is a consideration, talk to us before you make that decision.
I need to file a claim
|Report a Claim|
As your independent broker, we’ll do our best to make your claim experience a smooth one.
- To begin, Simply contact our office for assistance. We will be happy to help you report your claim. In most cases, you will need to speak directly with the Insurance Carrier to confirm the details but we can help get things started and make sure that your claim is processed correctly.
- After your claim is processed, we will follow-up with you to make sure you are happy with how things are going and make sure you are treated well.
If think you’re not being treated fairly, need some help along the way or want to share your positive experience with us, just let us know! We’re always here for you.